Tenets of Faith
TENETS OF FAITH
The Anglo Israelite Christian Church (DS) beliefs can be fully supported by the Scriptures. Here is an outline:
- In God Almighty, Creator of all things (Genesis 1:1).
- In the existence of a real Satan, the Devil, in whom God allowed iniquity to be placed (James 2:19; Ezekiel 28:14,15).
- That God created a physical devil manifested evil and caused some of the spirits to rebel against God (Isaiah 14:12-14; Jude 6).
- That Satan is represented in a physical seed-line throughout the Bible and throughout history (Genesis 3 : 15)
- That God created our physical world, to which each person comes with a body and a soul made alive by a spirit from the spiritual creation (Luke 9:55; Genesis 2:7).
- That God gave His people instructions on the way they should live, which instructions were “for their good always” (Deuteronomy 6:24).
- That all have sinned and come “short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:19).
- That God has reconciled the whole world to Himself through the sacrifice of Jesus (John 3:16,17).
- That through belief in the sacrifice of Jesus, believers are counted as righteous before God, and can be assured of the resurrection of their souls (a Spiritual body) at Jesus’ return (1 Timothy 4:10; 1 Corinthians 15:44).
- That there will be a small number who will fully prove their faith by a work of true obedience to God’s instructions and will thereby receive the prize of the highest calling of God, the redemption of spirit and soul and body – this living mortal body made immortal without seeing death (1 Thessalonians 5:23; Revelation 14:1-5; Hebrews 11:39, 40).
- That Jesus Christ will return to this earth again, subdue the power of Satan and reign forever and ever (Revelation 19 and 20).
- That the return of Christ is near and we are living in the period described in Scripture as the latter days (Matthew 24; Mark 13 and Luke 21).
- That there are promises in the Scriptures especially to Israel -God’s chosen people (1 Peter 2:9).
- That although Israel of old did not accept the challenge of spiritually being God’s peculiar people, a remnant of their descendants will come forward in the latter days to fulfill the obligations and receive the promises (Revelation 7:1-8).
- That the United States represents the New Jerusalem, the regathering of place for God’s chosen people (Zechariah 1: 14 – 17, Zechariah 2: 1 – 4, Matthew 5: 14, Revelations 3:12)
- That the Mission of the Anglo Israelite Christian Church is to awaken the lost ten tribes of Israel to this special inheritance to be the physical Immortal “Bride of the Lamb” and to be the vehicle for the task of bringing them all together at God’s appointed time (Matthew 10:5,6; Revelation 19).
- That the entire Bible, both Old and New Testaments, as originally inspired, to be the inerrant, supreme, revealed Word of God. The history, covenants, and prophecy of this Holy Book were written for and about a specific elect family of people who are children of YHVH God (Luke 3:38; Psalm 82:6) through the seedline of Adam (Gen . 5.1). All scripture is written as a doctrinal standard for our exhortation, admonition, correction, instruction and example; the whole counsel to be believed, taught and followed (II Tim. 3:16. Acts. 20:27).
We believe that God is the absolute Judge and Arbiter and that we as His servants have an obligation to respond to what He puts in each heart and that whilst we seek to proclaim and discuss our beliefs, we respect the beliefs of other people